![CDATA[ [if IE 9] ]]>
U.M.F. "Grigore T. Popa" Iaşi is a specialized library of higher education, which is a priority in the service of students, teachers and researchers, doctoral students, residents and masters of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy "Grigore T. Popa" Iaşi, through the bases materials available to support teaching and research activity in the university. The library also serves other categories of beneficiaries such as doctors in the healthcare network, doctoral students, students, teachers and researchers from other higher education institutions. The activity within the library is carried out on the basis of the Regulations for the organization and operation of the library.The library has a headquarters in Vasile Alecsandri street no.7, 60 university libraries organized within the disciplines and university clinics and 1 publication warehouse in the canteen of December 1 Iasi.Access to the library premises and library services is based on the Reader's Permit.
U.M.F. "Grigore T. Popa" Iaşi maintains collaborative relationships with the university medical libraries in the country and in the Republic of Moldova through the interlibrary loan and exchange services.
The beginnings of the library date from 1882, a natural consequence of the need to inform and document the medical students and the teachers of the Faculty of Medicine, who are in their first years of experience. Initially established by the donations of the teachers and doctors of the “Sf. Spiridon ”, the library knows a continuous development of its documentary collection, as well as deep structural prefaces determined by the evolution over the years of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy. Thus in 1949, it becomes the Library of the Institute of Medicine “Dr. N. Bagdasar ”and later the Library of the Institute of Medicine and Pharmacy of Iasi. Since 1991, it has been renamed the Central Library of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Gr. T. Popa ”Iasi. After 2011 the Library Department is set up which has the subordinate Central Library of the U.M.F. “Gr.T.Popa” Iași, Typography, Publishing House “Gr.T.Popa” U.M.F. Iasi, the university museum, the photo lab and the collective of designers. In 2016 the department changes its name in the University Library of the University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Grigore T. Popa” Iasi.
Located on Vasile Alecsandri street, at no. 7, the Central Library of the U.M.F. "Gr.T.Popa" Iaşi is housed in an old building where, over time, the School of Arts and Crafts, Vasile Alecsandri High School, and then the Commercial High School functioned.Considered to be a historical monument, the building was completely renovated between 1996 and 1998. From 1998 until now, the building has gone through several stages of partial renovation, the reading rooms being equipped with air conditioning. In 2008 the reading rooms were refurbished with new furniture, pleasant design and added comfort, and in 2012 a second reading room was used for the study of their own materials.In 2017, the library offers to the readers 2 reading rooms with free access to the shelf and 3 reading rooms with their own study material.