![CDATA[ [if IE 9] ]]>
Milescu House, located on Săulescu Street no.4, was built in the second half of the 19th century and was part of an ensemble of houses appeared in the area in the same century, possibly on the foundations of older houses, discovered in the structure of the current constructions or on the occasion of the realization of the new constructions in the area. Insufficient space forced the Faculty of Medicine to organize the activity of laboratories in various locations rented by the Ministry of Public Instruction.
Milescu House was rented in 1890 for the Laboratory of Biological and Medical Chemistry, a laboratory endowed with the requirements of the time of Prof. Emanoil Riegler, the one who laid the foundation stone in the field, at the Faculty of Medicine in Iasi. He was followed by Prof. Corneliu ulumuleanu, a student, in Berlin, of the Nobel Laureate for Chemistry in 1902, Hermann Emil Fischer and disciple of Petru Poni. During the period when they were coordinated by Prof. C. ulumuleanu, the Laboratory and its department received the title of Institute of Chemistry.
The building, which still belongs today to the University of Medicine and Pharmacy "Grigore T. Popa", is a historical monument and appears in the Catalog of Historical Monuments of Iași published in 2015 in the number IS-II-m-B-04030. He also hosted the typeface of UMF Iasi for a period.